Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three Days Grace

On Monday, it was my 17th birthday and for the day, we (Anna Leary, Kate Leary and myself) chose to make our way to Sydney via train in order to be there in time for Big Day Out. We caught the train from the well-known Kendall station and hopped aboard to friends such as Taylor, Nikola, Anna Mac, Anthea, Claud, Steph, Lachlan and Jimmy, which was lovely. We spent the trip sitting opposite Nikola and Taylor and played such fun travelling games as charades and prejudice. The train trip was really fun and filled with many laughs, actually a good way to spend your birthday. We arrived at Sydney station, to about 50 degree heat, and I was greeted by Mim and Nathan, it was so lovely to see Mim, haven't seen her in quite some time. We were only able to have a quick chat, but it was still very lovely. We then were collected by Jess Leary, and she gave us the news that we had to go and see her friend Laura at a nearby hotel, mainly due to the fact that my suitcase was unable to be rolled and weighed roughly 50kgs, this was not a high point in my day, we got to the hotel and we were out the front of her room, I said "man this is awkward, cause I have no idea who this person is", as per usual everyone laughed, the door was opened and the three girls turned around and yelled "Happy Birthday!"- being the idiot I am, I was like thanks guys, thinking they were just saying it again, I stood there, not comprehending what was actually going on, until I saw ball
oons on the floor. The girls had shouted me a night in a hotel for my birthday, it was so amazingly exciting. We had the best night, we went swimming and played music and danced, went to dinner, the girls got drunk and I loved it, we went to an Asian games arcade and took some wonderful photos in a photobooth, then came back and recorded some funny videos and danced some more. It was genuinely the best birthday I have ever had, my love for the Leary girls is undying, truly the best people in the world.

The next day, which was Tuesday, we went to the city for some shopping, I went nuts and went on a massive shopping spree, though of course, my most favoured and best purchase was definitely my Macbook Pro, which I have named Pip, cause it is short and easy to say. I'm in complete and utter love it is so beautiful. We went to Anna's cousins house and had a swim and whatnot and then ventured back to Circular Quay for dinner
with some of the girls. Came home and had a chat, finally got to bed around 11.

The Wednesday, we woke rather early in order to get to Olympic Park, for Big Day Out. The group of girls that were from Pmac (Anna, Kate, Claud, Steph and myself) joined some of James Phillips (Anna's cousin) friends, and as a massive crew we caught the train to Olympic Park, this is where the heat, sweat and pure love for music once again erupted. Saw Little Red first up, they were so so much fun. Throughout the day saw Iggy, Crystal Castles, Gypsy and the Cat, Washington, Sia, Pnau, MIA, LCD Soundsystem, Angus and Julia Stone, and plenty of others that I cannot remember. But, good times were definitely had. By far, the funnest thing of the day was the Silent Disco with Anna and Kate, we seriously had the greatest times, we were in there for quite a flippin long time, so much fun! By the en
d of the night my legs ached and I was so very tired, getting to bed by 4am was a killer, but totally worth it.

Yesterday we caught the train home and Kate and I played some fun games of charades, Anna eventually joined, took some hilarious photos. Twas nice to be home, but I loved the last few days, so much love for Anna and Kate. Best people. Best times. Here are some edited shots, they are shitty, cause I have a shitty cam, but now I have my Mac, all funds will be going towards a good camera. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment