Monday, February 14, 2011

Echoes

Lately, I am distant, mostly because of school and the trials of being a year 12 student. But, it feels as though, in my own world, most things are in tact. I find myself however, distant from the usual things, from the gossip and the news, from what's going on. The only thing, the only true part of me that I am grasping in these recent moments, is my guitar. The strings are carving calluses into my fingers just as they are carving happiness into my heart. I don't know why, or how, but at the moment, my guitar, the stars and finishing school are all I care about. And I am not complaining, nor do I want to change my ways. Happiness is the feeling of the heart, the ultimate height of a person's feelings. It develops us and helps us to be better people, we are changed by the happiness we feel. In each chord I play, not only is there sound escaping from the strings, but a love that I feel whole-heartedly. I'm so glad to have this friend, this ally. Like nothing else, a guitar can not walk away. It cannot hurt your feelings or make you sad. It's there, always. And it's there to stay.

Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment