Thursday, February 10, 2011

That Four Letter Word

She said: 'I love you like the stars above, i'll love you till I die'

It's said to be the most wonderful feeling in all the world, spread in so many different ways, the ultimate feeling of happiness. But is love, pure and unconditional love, the junk they talk about in all the movies, is it real? Does it actually exist? We're so tied up these days in looking the BEST, we have to BETTER than everyone else. So how, I ask, how is it humanly possible for love to exist? To be the driving force within our relations? I just think, that there are people in our lives, ones who cannot seem to remove themselves from the walls of your mind, who say all the right words and make all the right gestures. These people, become more than mere people in our lives, they become friends, from that, who knows? Are we supposed to measure how much affection they show us, or how much of a chance we have? I think it's too hard to tell. I think the love in our world, is placed in the laugh of a friend, a hug of a family member, the moments we live within that everyday change us, and for that, for changing us, we are made better people.

I want to believe in love. I want someone to show me it is real. Right now though, from all the experience I have had, it's looking more like a fairytale.

2 comments: