Saturday, February 19, 2011

Summer Lovin'

In this beautiful country of mine, known as Australia, it is currently summer. For us, that means thongs, swimmers and a towel is necessary attire. Scorching hot days leave us wishing it was winter or that we could swim in the ocean for endless hours. The last few days have been the epitome of summer days. On Friday, I was lulled by a wide expansion of musical beauty. I spent the last 2 or 3 hours of my school day, playing some really lovely music. Eventually, everyone had joined in on the fun and we sung and played for the rest of the school day. The happiness and friendliness that erupted during this small moment was something truly spectacular. That night, I found myself at a small gathering, we swum, Todd sang, we laughed, it was a wonderful evening.

A day of sun was my Saturday, spent the morning at the beach, then by Adrienne's pool, we swum, sunbaked and then just read/relaxed until we again decided to go to the beach. The end result was sunburn. This eventually led us to a musical showcase at the Flynn's Beach Surfclub, which was really great.

All in all, the past two days have been filled with good music, good people and good memories. Summer creates a never fading happiness, still as we lay in bed at night, as our sunburn punishes our skin, our mind is rolling over all the good things that have happened. It's a truly beautiful thing I think. I was looking so forward to winter, but now I say, keep the summer.
Good times to roll on.

1 comment: